This is what you’ve been looking for! Come work for one of the most renowned performance parts manufacturers in motorsports. It’s a dream job for anyone who wants to be on a winning team who always stays one step ahead of the competition.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced full time Engine Builder. The ideal candidate must be self-driven, hardworking and have a deep understanding of high-performance combustion engines. Emphasis on forced induction is a major plus along with experience working on and building race cars. Proficiency in the ability to work efficiently and effectively to ensure all repairs and builds are completed to our highest standards. You must be a team player, and work well with others. We offer an exciting atmosphere with great pay, excellent health benefits, 401(k) and other unique perks.
If you love the world of motorsports, come join our elite team!
Assist the AMS Engine Department in continuing to build the highest horsepower and most reliable racing engines in the industry.
The Engine Builder role is a key role within our engine building team. You will directly assist the Engine Program Manager with building customer engines (from Stage 1 to full blown race engines), help contribute to new processes and procedures to help workflow and efficiency, explore new product options for our engine program, and assist with the buildout of our in-house machine shop. An entrepreneurial mindset is required as we have big plans to continue growing our program. This is a great opportunity to join the top team in motorsports and help contribute to our growth!
- Receive items and stock them in the engine inventory room
- Disassemble core engines or engine parts sent in by customers or received from the AMS Service Department
- Clean used engine components, covers and misc. parts
- Properly package and label engines and parts before putting them on the shelf
- Take detailed pictures of incoming and outgoing engines/parts and download them to a computer
- Assemble short blocks, long blocks, and heads for inventory or for customer orders
- Confer and correspond with manager to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and non-conformance to specifications
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity, and continued improvement
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Prep engine components for machine work
- Meticulously clean engine components, parts, and machinery post-machining
- Attention to detail: Has the ability to find any flaws or potential errors in a product that can cause damage.
- Organizing: Can handle multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively, arranges information in a useful manner.
- Time Management: Values time and gets more done in less time than others. Uses time efficiently and effectively.
- Order of Operations: Completes tasks in a directed manner to minimize risk of mistakes.
Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years of prior experience with engine assembly (preferred) or automotive repair
- Mechanical ability
- Multi-tasking, prioritization, organization
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work with multiple teams
- Possess a demonstrated interest in cars & racing
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Benefits & Compensation
- Compensation varies based on experience
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program