This is what you’ve been looking for – Come work for one of the most renowned performance parts manufacturers in motorsports. It’s a dream job for anyone who wants to be on a winning team that always stays one step ahead of the competition. Surround yourself with supercars like the Lamborghini Huracan, Nissan GTR, and Audi R8 as an AMS Engine Program Manager, in a position as fast paced as the vehicles we build.
We are a rapidly growing medium size business with a small family-owned feel, operating in the western suburbs of Chicago, and are looking for talented people to join our team. At AMS we specialize in automotive aftermarket performance parts and packages for turbocharged vehicles, with our goal being to provide the highest quality, best performing products available by utilizing extensive research and development paired with rigorous testing programs. We will never compromise the quality or performance of our products and will only provide the finest customer service by offering advice and parts that are in the best interest of the customer. If you love the world of motorsports, it does not get any better than this!
An engine is the heart and soul of a vehicle. As an engine building expert, you know that a properly machined and assembled motor is imperative for a vehicle to function at the highest levels of performance. Machining to spec, setting tolerances, and using assembly methods that align with the industries’ best practices are the keys to your success. The Engine Program Manager position is a crucial role within our organization to not only build the highest horsepower and most reliable racing engines in the industry, but to continuously improve them. You will act as the lead engine builder, assembling customer engines (from Stage 1 to full blown race engines), help contribute to new processes and procedures to help workflow and efficiency, explore new product options for our engine program, and assist with the buildout and operation of our in-house machine shop. A self-driven, entrepreneurial mindset is required as we have big plans to continue growing our program. Your dedication to high-performing, robust, and repeatable results will directly contribute to that growth.
Mentorship – Ability to lead and mentor a team to ultimately drive the success of the department.
Expertise – Possesses a complete understanding of high-performance combustion engines to enable product development to your specifications.
Attention to detail – Has the ability to find any flaws or potential errors in a product that can cause damage.
Organizing – Can handle multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively, arranges information in a useful manner.
Time Management – Values time and gets more done in less time than others. Uses time efficiently and effectively.
Order of Operations – Completes tasks in a directed manner to minimize risk of mistakes.
Plays Well With Others – Thrives on a team that rows in the same direction. There is no “i” in “team”.
- Manages and oversees all Engine Department team members and projects
- Plans and coordinates all engine development / new product manufacturing activities with department directors and executes company objectives set by company leadership
- Creates and establishes machining and assembly protocols that are followed by all involved with the engine building process
- Identifies, implements, and oversees the creation of new engines and engine product offerings
- Oversees new engine product materials sourcing and integrates them into appropriate engine product BOMs.
- Ensures all required support, tools, and information is provided and teams are trained with the parts they are assembling
- Manages technical quality / failure issues, determines, and executes best course of action with department directors
- Identifies, implements, and oversees new manufacturing, machining, and/or assembly techniques & processes for continued long term growth. Analyzes needs of new product manufacturing and current products to either reduce time or cost.
- Coordinate with vendors for parts quoting and delivery timeline related communications
- Disassemble core engines or engine parts sent in by customers or received from the AMS Service Department
- Clean used engine components, covers and misc. parts
- Properly package and label engines and parts before putting them on the shelf
- Take detailed pictures of incoming and outgoing engines/parts and download them to a computer
- Assemble short blocks, long blocks, and heads for inventory or for customer orders
- Manages a serialized engine identification system and a detailed archive of engine specifications
- Confer and correspond with leadership to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and non-conformance to specifications
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity, and continued improvement
- Prep engine components for machine work
- Machine various engine components before assembly
- Meticulously clean engine components, parts, and machinery post-machining
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years of prior experience with engine assembly and/or engine machining
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing a team preferred
- High performance forced induction engine building experience greatly preferred
- QuickBooks software proficiency a plus
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Benefits & Compensation
- Compensation varies based on experience
- Out-of-state relocation packages offered
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- New hire referral program