This is what you’ve been looking for – Come work for one of the most renowned performance parts manufacturers in motorsports. It’s a dream job for anyone who wants to be on a winning team that always stays one step ahead of the competition. Surround yourself with supercars like the Lamborghini Huracan, Nissan GTR, and Audi R8 as an AMS Shipping Clerk, in a position as fast paced as the vehicles we build.
We are a rapidly growing medium size business with a small family-owned feel, operating in the western suburbs of Chicago, and are looking for talented people to join our team. At AMS we specialize in automotive aftermarket performance parts and packages for turbocharged vehicles, with our goal being to provide the highest quality, best performing products available by utilizing extensive research and development paired with rigorous testing programs. We will never compromise the quality or performance of our products and will only provide the finest customer service by offering advice and parts that are in the best interest of the customer. If you love the world of motorsports, it does not get any better than this!
Logistics makes the world go round. This is the motto which shipping and receiving professionals live by in order to be effective operating in a global marketplace. As a Shipping Clerk at AMS Performance you will be tasked with facilitating the logistical link between our warehouse and everywhere else across the the globe. Our customers are located all over the world, and it will be your responsibility to make sure their shipments arrive undamaged, on time, and cost effectively. Conversely, you will be tasked with receiving inbound shipments from our global supply chain and facilitating their delivery to the necessary department within AMS. Your expertise and attention to detail will ensure the success of AMS with all things logistics.
- Responsible for pulling, packing and shipping finished goods & products.
- Loads and unload trucks following appropriate loading and stacking practice.
- Responsible for management of accurate documentation. Complete report forms, ensure all documents, files, logs, and lists are maintained (e.g. Bill of Lading (BOL), shipping orders, etc.)
- Processes outbound orders and coordinates special shipping instructions to final destinations.
- Processes inbound deliveries and coordinates final delivery to the appropriate department within AMS.
- Requisition and store boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and other shipping materials and supplies to maintain an appropriate on-hand inventory level.
- Create and affix all address labels, packing lists, barcode labels, etc. as required by customer’s specific shipping requirements.
- Maintain and organize the shipping department’s toolset, including all label makers, pallet strapping equipment, Instapak machine, and other misc. materials and supplies.
- Select appropriate logistics company/carrier to fill order needs, for both domestic and international deliveries.
- Confer and correspond with other AMS department representatives to rectify problems, such as shipment damages, or supply shortages. Facilitate solutions when necessary.
- Perform any other tangential assignments occasionally as management directs.
Attention to Detail – Finds problems, before they become problems. Scrutinizes labels, invoices, and other documents to identify potential errors or inconsistences with orders.
Organization – Can handle multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively, arranges information in a useful manner.
Time Management – Values time and gets more done in less time than others. Uses time efficiently and effectively.
Expertise – Understands the value of high-quality packing materials and packaging best practices. Utilizes this expertise to minimize damaged-in-transit shipments.
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous shipping, logistics, or warehouse experience.
- Physically able to load and unload heavy packages from trucks, pallet racking, shipping counters, etc.
- Operate equipment like pallet jacks and forklifts. Forklift certification preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of motorsports, cars, or performance modification is preferred. This experience does not have to be in a professional setting.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Benefits & Compensation
- Compensation varies based on experience
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- New hire referral program