This is what you’ve been looking for – Come work for one of the most renowned performance parts manufacturers in motorsports. It’s a dream job for anyone who wants to be on a winning team that always stays one step ahead of the competition. Surround yourself with supercars like the Lamborghini Huracan, Nissan GTR, and Audi R8 as an AMS Shop Hand, in a position as fast paced as the vehicles we build.
We are a rapidly growing medium size business with a small family-owned feel, operating in the western suburbs of Chicago, and are looking for talented people to join our team. At AMS we specialize in automotive aftermarket performance parts and packages for turbocharged vehicles, with our goal being to provide the highest quality, best performing products available by utilizing extensive research and development paired with rigorous testing programs. We will never compromise the quality or performance of our products and will only provide the finest customer service by offering advice and parts that are in the best interest of the customer. If you love the world of motorsports, it does not get any better than this!
Entry-level jobs are just that – an entry into the company or industry of your dreams. While it is by no means a glamorous position, the Shop Hand is a crucial role and with hard work and dedication it is just the first stop for many current AMS employees. We pride ourselves on promoting from within, and high performing candidates can expect to take on more challenging work and eventually advance within our ranks to a new position in one of our various departments. Your mind will act as a sponge as you learn and further your automotive skillset day by day. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help you take your foundation of skills and build you into a top-tier motorsports star with a career in an industry you are passionate about.
- Ensures the facility is kept clean and tidy by cleaning all areas, on a set schedule.
- Maintain and clean all floor surfaces, including sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and other objects.
- Clean, monitor and maintain restrooms, offices, store entrance areas.
- Empty trash cans for proper disposal.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using appropriate cleaners and equipment.
- Replenish paper products and sanitary supplies.
- Works with the tuning department to strap down vehicles to the dyno and remove when calibration is complete.
- Drives company vehicles to various local vendors to pick up or drop off components for machining, coating, etc.
- Details customer vehicle interior and exterior before customer pick-up appointments.
- Drives customer vehicles into and out of our facility as needed for various repairs and services.
- Loads vehicles on and off trailers as necessary.
- Requisition and store soap, mops, buckets, brushes, and other cleaning materials and supplies to maintain an appropriate on-hand inventory level.
- Perform any other miscellaneous assignments as management directs.
Attention to Detail – Finds problems, before they become problems. Scrutinizes labels, invoices, and other documents to identify potential errors or inconsistences with orders.
Organization – Can handle multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively, arranges information in a useful manner.
Time Management – Values time and gets more done in less time than others. Uses time efficiently and effectively.
Priority Setting – Spends time on what is most important for the company, without ignoring the small things.
Experience & Qualifications
- Knowledge of motorsports, cars, or performance modification is preferred. This experience does not have to be in a professional setting.
- Physically able to load and unload heavy packages and components from trucks, pallet racking, work benches, etc.
- Operate equipment like pallet jacks and forklifts. Forklift certification preferred.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Ability to drive a truck and trailer a plus.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Benefits & Compensation
- Compensation varies based on experience
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- New hire referral program