As we stepped up the power of our Alpha M157 5.5L Bi-Turbo packages we began to experience some clutch slippage over time in our development E63 AMG 4Matic. With the massive torque increase from our Alpha 9 Package it was too much for the stock Mercedes-Benz 722.9 7G-Tronic clutches to handle!
A 7G-Tronic Clutch Upgrade To Manage Increased Torque
To solve the problem we increased the capacity and number of clutch discs. These new discs feature unique friction plates with premium high energy friction material offering exceptional heat resistance and fantastic friction coefficients to handle engine performance upgrades. The K1/K3 clutch packs have nearly 30% greater friction area while the K2 clutch pack has a whopping 45% greater friction area. This is enough to handle over 1000 ft.lbs. of torque!
Improved Heat Resistance
Separate friction plates and mating plates ensure optimum heat distribution compared to the original single-sided plates. This allows the mating plates to absorb and dissipate heat generated during application and to not degrade friction material. In addition, grooves in the friction plates were made to increase fluid flow through the clutch plates.
Put all that Alpha Power to the ground, order your Alpha Mercedes-Benz 7G-Tronic 722.9 Clutch Upgrade today!
- Increase in clutch discs
- Higher coefficient of friction
- Grooved plates for increased fluid flow
- Improved heat resistance
- Manufactured by Exedy
- W212 2014+ Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG 4Matic
- W212 2012-2013 E63 AMG (RWD)
- C218 2014+ CLS63 AMG 4Matic
- C218 2012-2013 CLS63 AMG (RWD)
- And other vehicles powered by the M157 5.5L Bi-Turbo engine
- W212 2012-2013 E550 (RWD)
- W212 2014+ E550 4Matic
- C218 2012-2013 CLS550 (RWD)
- C218 2014+ CLS550 4Matic
- And other vehicles powered by the M278 4.6L Bi-Turbo engine
- It is recommended that only an experienced Mercedes-Benz transmission builder install these clutches. Mercedes specific transmission fluid must be used filled per factory procedure.