The OEM manufacturers spend a lot of time reducing turbo noise at the expense of horsepower. By letting the turbo ingest all the cold air it needs, the Alpha Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG Carbon Fiber Performance Intake System boosts power significantly. In addition, it allows you to hear the turbo spool up which is something you as an enthusiast can appreciate.
Simple Upgrade, BIG Power Increase
Our engineering team immediately noticed a considerable level of restriction in the stock intake system and solved the problem by designing a smooth transition to a much larger filter. By upgrading the size of your 2.6″ factory inlet filter to a robust 4″ design, we drastically reduced the high pressure drop – a sure indicator that your stock intake filter is choking your 2.0L M133 turbocharged engine. By simply installing this air intake upgrade on its own, you’ll be rewarded with a 20+HP increase!
Alpha 4″ inlet compared to the stock 2.6″ inlet design
Smooth Design And Unobstructed Airflow
In an effort of cost savings by the manufacturer, your 2.0L M133 turbocharged engine comes equipped with a corrugated plastic air duct which disrupts airflow. To make matters worse it also features a big support “pillar” in the middle to keep the flimsy plastic from collapsing which hinders power output. With the Alpha Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Duct, we eliminated these restrictions – supplying your engine with all the air it needs!
Cool Air For Your Hungry Turbocharged Engine
Often, aftermarket intake systems feature an open filter element which actually reduces horsepower by drawing hot air from within the engine bay. This may net you some power on the dyno while the hood is open and cooler air is available, but decreases performance when the hood is shut. By taking full advantage of cool outside air provided by our sealed air box and inlet design, you reap the benefit of maximum power as you fly through the gears of your Speedshift DCT 7-speed transmission.
The Difference Is in the Details
We took the time to match the carbon fiber weave pattern and finish to match your CLA45 AMG engine cover. In addition the Alpha logo matches in color to the AMG logo and trim found under the hood giving you a super clean look that will be sure to impress your friends!
Built To Last The Life Of Your Car
CNC’d billet aluminum construction and an anodized coating ensure this piece will look and perform great for years to come. The smooth and strong mounting surface for the air filter ensures a tight seal. Couple that with a purpose built, synthetic high-flow dry media filter means you won’t have to buy those cheap factory paper filters down the road. Simply remove and blow off the filter with compressed air periodically or wash out and let it dry. No messy oils or special chemicals needed.
Easy, Non-Invasive Installation
Alpha Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG Carbon Fiber Performance Intake System requires no cutting or permanent modifications to your car. It simply bolts into the air box in 15 minutes or less.
Do it right the first time, order your Alpha Performance CLA45 AMG Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Duct & Air Box Lid today!
- Replaces factory ducting for cool air charge and maximum power
- Reduces turbo lag
- Smooth transition for best airflow
- No computer tuning needed
- Installs in 10-15 minutes
- C117 2014+ Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG
- The filters use specially designed media that allows performance and efficiency to be restored to near new each time by simply using compressed air (30-40 psi) from the inside out, making frequent washing unnecessary in order to restore filter performance. For a deep cleaning from extreme enviroments, a biodegradable cleaner such as Simple Green or other mild shop degreasers can be used. Simply place the filter in a solution or spray the cleaner on the filter. Allow the solution to loosen the particulate and then rinse thoroughly. Shake the filter or use compressed air from the inside outward to remove residual water and allow a full day or two to dry.