From the factory, you can expect your Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG to produce a high level of boost pressure (27.5psi as tested). This in turn, creates extremely high charged air temperatures prior to entering the stock liquid cooled heat exchanger (intercooler). Although adequate under normal driving conditions, the stock heat exchanger responsible for cooling this boosted air underperforms when your CLA45 is driven aggressively, in warmer climates or when subjected to extended operation.
Get The Most Power From Your CLA45 AMG
Whether you are running stock or upgraded components on your 2.0L M133 turbocharged engine, the Alpha Performance Mercedes-Benz CLA45 Heat Exchanger Upgrade offers much greater efficiency – providing consistently cooler boost temperatures while combatting heat soak issues. Beneficial throughout everyday driving, this level of cooling is even more crucial to consistent performance on a road course or dragstrip.
An upgrade to the factory heat exchanger in both overall size and efficiency, ours offers better cooling of the intercooler system fluid. Being 38% larger than stock our heat exchanger core provides additional liquid capacity for greater heat dissipation. This allows the system to maintain lower fluid temperatures throughout extended periods of high throttle operation. To improve flow and reduce pressure drop, our engineering team went a step further by tapering the inlet and outlet for smoother flow. All of this will result in cooler intake air charges and maximum power!
Super Easy, Direct Bolt-In Intercooler Upgrade
With normal hand tools, the CLA45 AMG Heat Exchanger Upgrade installs within 1.5 hours. Simply remove the wheel, inner fender liner and the factory heat exchanger. The new unit swaps right in using factory hardware without any cutting or modifications to your car.
Do it right the first time, order your CLA45 AMG Heat Exchanger Upgrade today!
- 38% more core volume
- 22 fins per inch core made to Alpha spec
- Motorsport quality heat exchanger core made in the UK
- Core and tanks designed in CFD heat transfer software to allow for greatest heat dissipation
- Billet aluminum end tanks
- Installs in 1.5 hours without cutting or drilling
- Can be used on stock or modified vehicles
- C117 2014+ Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG
- Replaces factory part number A 099 500 32 03
- Alpha Performance Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG Heat Exchanger Upgrade Install Instructions can be downloaded here.