We have successfully applied our race-winning experience to the R35 GT-R’s VR38 V-6 to bring you the pinnacle in engine programs. By developing Alpha proprietary engine components we have engineered the strongest, most advanced motor program available for your GT-R along with the world records to back it up. When looking for an engine rebuild for your VR38 look no further than AMS Performance.
Big Benefits, No Compromises
To improve the output of your VR38, we raised the compression ratio to increase horsepower throughout the powerband. This increase also produces more low end torque which reduces turbo lag and improves boost response.
The Perfect Combination for Alpha Power
This race proven power plant uses only the best off the shelf and custom designed Alpha spec. components. Combine that with the latest in machine and assembly practices and you are assured only the best!
Not Your Standard Off-the-Shelf Rotating Assembly
AMS worked closely with Manley to specially design engine components worthy of the Alpha program. The Alpha Performance Extreme-Duty pistons feature improved oiling characteristics, moly coated skirts for reduced friction and extra thick ring lands for added strength. The Alpha Performance Extreme-Duty connecting rods utilize large 7/16” ARP 2000 bolts (22% larger than stock) for added durability and peace of mind.
Our Race Winning Experience Creates Higher Standards
To further improve the VR38 platform, every Alpha 3.8 Race Engine is then align honed, precisely balanced, blueprinted and hand assembled to AMS’ exacting standards. Before assembly each block is checked for correct dimensions, cylinder bore, mains, block flatness, etc… to guarantee you get the best foundation for your new engine.
Do it right the first time, order your Alpha 3.8 Race Short Block today!
- Increased compression ratio for added horsepower and torque
- Reduced turbo lag and improved boost response
- AMS proprietary components for the strongest, most advanced engine program available
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Precise, documented hand assembly
- Precision AMS spec machine work on block & crank
- Alpha Spec Extreme-Duty Manley Pistons w/skirt coating
- Alpha Spec Extreme-Duty Manley I-Beam rods
- Connecting rod, main & thrust bearings
- 2009-2011 (CBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- 2012+ (DBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- Fits all USDM, JDM and European Models (LHD & RHD)
- Pricing assumes that a good working core is sent in to AMS to build with. The AMS Core Exchange Program requires a usable block and crank complete with engine girdle and oil squirters. A core charge of $4500 will be added if no core is sent in.