We have successfully applied our race-winning experience to the R35 GT-R’s VR38 V-6 to bring you the pinnacle in engine programs. By developing Alpha proprietary engine components we have engineered the strongest, most advanced motor program available for your GT-R along with the world records to back it up. When looking for an engine rebuild for your VR38 look no further than AMS Performance.
The Pinnacle VR38 Engine For Upgraded Turbos
By adding a billet stroker crank to our already potent 3.8L VR38 engine we have raised the bar once again. When changing to larger turbos there is always a tradeoff of low end grunt for increased top-end power. To remedy this, our 4.1 liter Stroker Engine increases displacement by 8% which adds horsepower and most importantly asphalt shredding torque. The increased stroke coupled with an elevated compression ratio produces more low end torque which considerably reduces turbo lag and improves boost response. The Alpha 4.1L achieves a 300-5000 rpm improvement in turbo spool up time when compared to its 3.8L counterpart! You can now have your cake and eat it too!
Big Benefits, No Compromises
To improve the output of your VR38, we raised the compression ratio to increase horsepower throughout the powerband. This increase also produces more low end torque which reduces turbo lag and improves boost response.
The Perfect Combination for Alpha Power
This race proven power plant uses only the best off the shelf and custom designed Alpha spec. components. Combine that with the latest in machine and assembly practices and you are assured only the best!
Not Your Standard Off-the-Shelf Rotating Assembly
AMS worked closely with Manley to specially design engine components worthy of the Alpha program. The Alpha Performance Extreme-Duty pistons feature improved oiling characteristics, moly coated skirts for reduced friction and extra thick ring lands for added strength. The Alpha Performance Extreme-Duty connecting rods utilize large 7/16” ARP 2000 bolts (22% larger than stock) for added durability and peace of mind.
Our Race Winning Experience Creates Higher Standards
To further improve the VR38 platform every Alpha 4.1L Stroker Short Block is precisely balanced, blueprinted and hand assembled to AMS’ exacting standards. Before assembly each block is checked for correct dimensions, cylinder bore, mains, block flatness, etc… to guarantee you get the best foundation for your new engine.
All our race engines are individually handcrafted at AMS using the same care as the ones found in our world record holding street and race cars. When you choose an Alpha engine you are investing in the knowledge gained from assembling thousands of race engines over the past 15 years. With over 350 Victories in Motorsports over the last 7 years alone, it is clear that Alpha is the only choice for your car!
Do it right the first time, order your Alpha 4.1L Race Short Block today!
- Billet stroker crankshaft for added torque
- Increased compression ratio for added horsepower and torque
- Reduced turbo lag and improved boost response
- AMS proprietary components for the strongest, most advanced engine program available
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Precise, documented hand assembly
- Custom compression ratios available
- Precision AMS spec machine work on block & crank
- Alpha Spec Extreme-Duty Manley Pistons w/skirt coating
- Alpha Spec Extreme-Duty Manley I-Beam rods
- Connecting rod, main & thrust bearings
- 2009-2011 (CBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- 2012+ (DBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- Fits all USDM, JDM and European Models (LHD & RHD)
- Pricing assumes that a good working core is sent in to AMS to build with. The AMS Core Exchange Program requires a usable block complete with engine girdle and oil squirters. A core charge of $4500 will be added if no core is sent in.