We have successfully applied our race-winning experience to the R35 GT-R’s VR38 V-6 to bring you the pinnacle in engine programs. By developing Alpha proprietary engine components we have engineered the strongest, most advanced motor program available for your GT-R along with the world records to back it up. When looking for an engine rebuild for your VR38 look no further than AMS Performance.
Alpha Engineering Provides The Most Fortified Engine Block Available
The Alpha Omega-Spec 3.8L Crate Engine is the strongest, most advanced VR38 engine currently available. Each Alpha Omega-Spec 3.8L Race Engine has been strategically strengthened in multiple ways to support the monstrous power and torque produced by our Alpha Performance twin turbo packages.
Our Race Winning Experience Creates Higher Standards
This race proven power plant uses only the best off the shelf and custom designed Alpha spec. components. Combine that with the latest in machine and assembly practices and you are assured only the best! Each Omega-Spec 3.8L Race Engine is precisely balanced, blueprinted and hand assembled to AMS’ exacting standards. Before assembly each block is checked for correct dimensions, cylinder bore, mains, block flatness, etc… to guarantee you get the best foundation for your new engine.
Not Your Standard Off-the-Shelf Rotating Assembly
We worked closely with Manley to specially design engine components worthy of the Alpha program. For the pistons we added larger and stronger pins and other key features including increasing the compression ratio to boost horsepower throughout the power band. This increase also produces more low end torque which reduces turbo lag and improves boost response. The connecting rods are also unique to the Omega-Spec engine and bolt up to an Alpha billet stock-stroke crankshaft.
The Perfect Combination for Alpha Power
The Omega-Spec 3.8L is hand built by AMS with components you cannot get in any other VR38 engine. We apply all of the advancements we’ve made on our record holding Alpha Omega R35 GTR such as an o-ringed block deck, timing chain system upgrades for high RPM operation, oil system improvements and a host of other VR38 secrets we’ve learned over the past 7 years. This all adds up to an engine with 9000+RPM capability!
Alpha CNC Cylinder Heads And Camshafts Offer The Most Power Across The Whole Power Band
Included in our 3.8L Omega-Spec Crate Engine are Omega-Spec Camshafts tailored to the turbo system and other components you are planning to use. Using knowledge gained from years of Motorsports victories we select the best camshaft for your specific combination giving you the competitive advantage of the most effective and broad power curve. That means you get the most power off the stop light, at the dragstrip, or on the road course and the confidence to leave the competition in your dust!
The Alpha CNC Race Ported Cylinder Heads utilize the latest Ferrea Competition Plus components. Their valvetrain components are made from exotic alloy materials to withstand high boost and RPM’s. In addition, our engineering team developed a proprietary modification that provides a better combustion seal. To top things off the Alpha Performance Camshafts work in harmony with the cylinder heads to offer you the most useable power throughout the entire power band.
Complete Crate Engine For Ease Of Installation
The Alpha 3.8L Omega-Spec Crate Engine comes complete and sealed from valve covers to oil pan. The engine is timed and the front covers installed so all of the hard work is already done for you making your engine swap a bolt-in affair.
Do it right the first time, order your Alpha 3.8L Omega-Spec Engine today!
- 9000+ RPM capable
- Vastly improved main bearing life
- Improved head gasket sealing
- Alpha upper block reinforcement process
- Custom Alpha engine gasket set for proper sealing
- Timing chain and oiling system modifications for high RPM operation
- Alpha engine oil baffle for improved oiling under hard acceleration
- Omega-Spec 3.8 custom pistons by Manley with custom wrist pins and rings
- Omega-Spec HD 9310 piston pins
- Omega-Spec custom “tri beam” 300m rods By Manley
- Omega-Spec stock stroke Alpha Billet Crankshaft
- Omega-Spec custom main and rod bearings
- Omega-Spec custom larger diameter main studs
- Omega-Spec custom engine gaskets for proper sealing
- ALPHA engine block reinforcement process
- Omega-Spec timing chain system upgrade
- Omega-Spec oil pump modifications
- Omega-Spec engine oil baffle
- ALPHA CNC Deep Wet Sump Oil Pan
- T1 Race stage 2 engine damper/crank pulley
- Omega-Spec CNC ported, reinforced race cylinder heads
- Omega-Spec Camshafts tailored to customers’ needs
- Ferrea Valve Spring and Retainer Kit
- Sterling charcoal engine covers
- Aluminum connecting rods
- 2009-2011 (CBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- 2012+ (DBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- Fits all USDM, JDM and European Models (LHD & RHD)
- The starting price is based on building your existing engine. For your convenience we can build your new engine with a brand new block and components for an additional charge
- Click HERE for AMS’ Break In and Warranty Information