The AMS 4B11 Torque/Honing Plate is an essential tool when machining your engine block. The 4B11 block is a lightweight aluminum casting. Since the overall mass of the block has been reduced, the controlled stresses of the cylinder head bolted to the block have become an important factor in the block’s integrity. To ensure integrity, we must recreate that stress by using a deck plate when boring and honing to eliminate distortion of the cylinder bore.
- Works with bore sizes from 86mm up to 90mm
- Designed in-house with CMM equipment and CAD software
- Works with both standard and larger aftermarket head studs
- CNC machined 1018 billet steel
- 1″ thick
- Mitsubishi, Hyundai 4B11 Engine
- Always begin by torquing your main caps in place to correct specifications. Next, install a torque plate and torque in place using final assembly torque specifications using correct length bolts. If bolts are too long or too short, they may abnormally stress the block.