For those of you looking for a big-bore version of the 4B11 engine, look no further! AMS now offers the same 2.2L short block that powered the record-setting AMS Time Attack EVO X (TA-X) to the 2009 Redline Time Attack Championship! During the 2009 season, we were able to extract 850 horse power from this race-proven power plant – setting the world horsepower record for the EVO X in the process! After testing this amazing power house for an entire year of racing it is finally available to the public.
Big Benefits, No Compromises
Our 2.2 liter Big-Bore block adds displacement but in doing so maintains a great peak RPM capability by increasing bore and not stroke. The result is an increase in power without compromising RPM limitations. With proper tuning and supporting modifications the AMS 2.2L short block is capable to rev up to over 9500 RPM! Additionally, you can expect a 10% increase in torque and a 400-500 rpm improvement in spool up time. Road racers will pull through corners better and drag racers will benefit from boost response after shifts.
The Perfect Combination for Power and Reliability
This race proven power plant uses only the best off the shelf and custom designed AMS spec. components. Combine that with the latest in machine and assembly practices and you are assured only the best!
Each block is precisely machined to accept the latest AMS spec sleeves. The sleeves are pressed into the block to sit atop a machined step to ensure they will not sink during engine operation. The block is then final bored & honed using a torque plate to ensure perfect clearances and fitment. The finished product allows for higher cylinder pressures and added strength and rigidity to the block. Couple that with Manley pistons made with extra thick ring lands, skirt coatings and upgraded 9310 alloy wrist pins we achieve maximum reliability for your 4B11 rebuild.
Our Race Winning Experience Creates Higher Standards
All our race engines are individually handcrafted at AMS using the same care as the ones found in our world record holding street and race cars. When you choose an AMS engine you are investing in the knowledge gained from assembling thousands of race engines over the past 15 years. With over 350 Victories in Motorsports over the last 7 years alone, it is clear that AMS is the only choice for your engine rebuild!
Just like our 2000+HP Alpha Omega GT-R, every motor is balanced, blueprinted and assembled to AMS’ exacting standards. Before assembly each block is checked for correct dimensions, cylinder bore, mains, block flatness, etc… to ensure you get the best foundation for your new engine. Every engine we assemble has a build sheet where tolerances, torque specs, and clearances are documented.
Do it right the first time, order you AMS 4B11 2.2L Big-Bore Engine today!
- Great peak RPM capability by increasing bore and not stroke
- Race-proven for longevity
- Balanced and blueprinted with precise, documented assembly
- Custom compression ratio available
- Available outright or with core exchange*
- AMS Sleeved AMS Block
- Precision AMS spec machine work on block & crank
- Manley Pistons w/ skirt coating & 9310 alloy wrist pin upgrade
- Manley “Turbo Tuff” I-Beam rods
- High performance racing rod & main bearings
- ARP Main Studs
- Displacement: 2.2 liters
- Stroke: 86mm
- Compression Ratio:
- 9.5:1 Street (best suited for pump gas)
- 10.5:1 Race (best suited for race gas, careful tuning required for pump gas)
- Suggested Rev Limit:
- 9000RPM street/road course
- 9500RPM drag racing
- 9000RPM street/road course
- Mitsubishi Evolution 10 GSR and MR Models
- Fits all USDM, JDM and European Models
- It’s easy to get overwhelmed with information when shopping for a new 4B11 motor. With all the engine programs and options available in the AMS catalog we recommend that you call in and talk to one of our trained professionals before making your decision. We can help you find the perfect engine for your application and performance needs. No matter what your performance goals may be we will get you an engine that best suits your needs…no more and no less. So give us a call!
- Pricing assumes that a good working core is sent in to AMS to build with. AMS Core Exchange Program requires a usable block and crank complete with 5 main caps, oil squirters, crank ring, and all portions of the block. A core charge of $3500 will be added if no core is sent in.