Manley Platinum Series Lightweight Pistons are machined of high strength 2618 material. Each design is lightweight yet robust enough to deliver long service life. Offset wrist pin design is utilized for quiet start-ups. Perfect ring groove to skirt squareness is achieved through our unique “one fixturing” manufacturing method that assures maximum horsepower. All of our VR30DDTT pistons come with moly coated skirts, round wire locks, and premium steel top ring with napier second sets from Total Seal are included. The 9310 material in our pins feature super high quality, low carbon 59-63 Rockwell C case hardened steel, its ground to the finest .025 Ra finish or better, for use in applications that require the highest surface and core strength, excellent to use in the highest stress applications when combined with shock and impact loads, such as nitrous and turbo systems. The competition? They use inferior .150″ wall 5115 pins and uncoated skirts.
Our pistons use the factory grading system to accommodate the slightly different bore sizes from the factory. These pistons feature skirt diameters that correspond to the OEM “Grade 1” or “Grade 2” bores (see pic below). Check the bore grades on the back of your block and order the appropriate quantities of Grade “1” or “2” pistons. For example if you had the block in the picture the customer would specify three “Grade 1” pistons and three “Grade 2” pistons in our dropdown menu. Our competition uses generic single grade pistons that are unmatched to your engine’s specific bore grades.
- 2618 High Strength alloy forging
- Pistons are bore matched to either Grade 1 or Grade 2 to your specific engine specifications
- Skirts are moly coated for less friction
- Cam and barrel (skirt) profiles that make big power yet are friendly to the cylinder walls
- Unique fixturing allowing skirt turning & ring groove machining to be performed in one single operation to ensure the ultimate ring groove to skirt squareness
- Better ring seal = More power
- Total Seal piston rings used exclusively
- .210” Wall 9310 Pins
- 10.3:1 Compression (Stock)
- INFINITI Q60 & Q50 VR30DDTT