This is what you’ve been looking for – Come work for one of the most renowned performance parts manufacturers in motorsports. It’s a dream job for anyone who wants to be on a winning team that always stays one step ahead of the competition. Surround yourself with supercars like the Lamborghini Huracan, Nissan GTR, and Audi R8 as an AMS Transmission Technician, in a position as fast paced as the vehicles we build.
We are a rapidly growing medium size business with a small family-owned feel, operating in the western suburbs of Chicago, and are looking for talented people to join our team. At AMS we specialize in automotive aftermarket performance parts and packages for turbocharged vehicles, with our goal being to provide the highest quality, best performing products available by utilizing extensive research and development paired with rigorous testing programs. We will never compromise the quality or performance of our products and will only provide the finest customer service by offering advice and parts that are in the best interest of the customer. If you love the world of motorsports, it does not get any better than this!
We are looking for a motivated and experienced full time transmission technician to work in our Technical Operations department– our team that handles Transmission and Engine builds. The candidate would be specifically focused on building and repairing Lamborghini / Audi DL800 transmissions– the link between making big record setting horsepower and getting it to the ground in some of the fastest V10 powered vehicles on earth!
The ideal candidate must be self-driven, hardworking and have a good understanding of high-performance vehicles and transmissions. Emphasis on forced induction is a major plus along with experience machining. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work efficiently and effectively to ensure all repairs and builds are completed to our highest standards. You must be a team player, and work well with others. We offer an exciting atmosphere with great pay, excellent health benefits, 401k match and other unique perks.
Expertise – Possesses a comprehensive understanding of high-performance transmissions and drivetrain components.
Attention to detail – Has the ability to find any flaws or potential errors in a product that can cause damage.
Organizing – Can handle multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively, arranges information in a useful manner.
Time Management – Values time and gets more done in less time than others. Uses time efficiently and effectively.
Order of Operations – Completes tasks in a directed manner to minimize risk of mistakes.
Plays Well With Others – Thrives on a team that rows in the same direction. There is no “i” in “team”.
- Transmission Technician will cater to the specific needs of each transmission build order efficiently and accurately
- The ideal technician candidate must be able to diagnose malfunctions, perform failure analysis inspections to determine cause, as well as perform the necessary repairs for them
- Clearly document and record work that is performed on the repair order or build assembly under his/her supervision
- Effectively communicate with the designated program manager or advisor when the above adjustments and additional work is needed
- Bench test each transmission for proper function and confirm quality prior to releasing each transmission
- Ability to maintain inventory and keep an organized work area through multiple jobs
- Approximately 10% of the time will be spent on administrative work, updates to the sales team, and writing inspection reports
- Ability to perform any additional related duties as required and assigned by program manager
Qualifications or Requirements
- 3-5 years experience as an Automotive Technician / Mechanic / Transmission Builder
- CNC or Manual Machining, Welding, and Fabrication Experience a Plus
- QuickBooks software proficiency a plus
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Benefits & Compensation
- Compensation varies based on experience
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- New hire referral program