Alpha Performance Mercedes-Benz AMG 5.5L BiTurbo Carbon Fiber Intake System
Lightweight and aesthetically appealing, the Alpha Performance Mercedes-Benz AMG 5.5L BiTurbo Carbon Fiber Intake System is also the most efficient choice you have for improving the air intake of your 2011+ Mercedes-Benz AMG 5.5L BiTurbo. It was designed, first and foremost, to improve performance and power production while offering a beautiful quality finish to truly complement your stock or upgraded M157 5.5L Biturbo V-8 engine. You’ll gain 20+HP over stock turbos and a tune alone with an even more prolific 30+HP gain on top of the power produced by our upgraded Alpha 9 Turbochargers.
Development of this high-flow intake system began during testing of our Alpha 7 Performance Package. Our engineers discovered a significant pressure drop in the intake ducting located after the stock air filter box – a telltale indication that the OEM system was not performing efficiently. To improve air flow and eliminate restrictions, the process of designing a set of higher volume air filter boxes, filters and piping began with a CMM scan to determine the best use of space within the tight confines of the engine bay. With that data, a CAD design was developed and taken to a working prototype. The results confirmed our suspicions and rewarded us with HUGE power gains!
Optimum Airflow Unleashes Maximum Horsepower And Torque
In our design, the cross-sectional area of the air box filter was increased by a massive 41%. In addition, the cross-sectional area of the inlet was increased by 20%, while the outlet was increased by 25%. Enlargement of these three sections reduced bottle-necking within the system. By creating a more balanced and less restrictive intake system, we were able to significantly improve the performance of your 5.5L BiTurbo equipped Mercedes.
Much More Than Just A Fancy Lid And Different Filter
Unlike other intakes in the market, we redesigned the entire intake system – not just the air filters or the filter lid. It is considerably larger and makes more power than the competition and provides your AMG with improved air flow dynamics for greater efficiency and maximum output! By using full carbon fiber construction, the air boxes, inlets and tubing are incredibly strong, lightweight and look great. In addition, we supply wire reinforced, custom molded silicone couplers for durability and function.
Works On Both Factory And Upgraded Turbos
While other air box options are available, the Alpha Carbon Boxes offer far superior performance and are the last ones you’ll ever need to buy. Rather than requiring replacement, if you decide on larger turbos down the road, our engineering team designed an innovative coupling sleeve. This allows you to transition from stock to upgraded turbos if you so choose – making this truly a one-time purchase.
Optional Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
You have the option of either trimming your factory cover or complementing your new intake with our matching carbon fiber center cover. Provisions have been made to transfer the Mercedes emblem and the AMG name plate for a unique yet factory appearance which will wow anyone peering under your hood.
Do it right the first time, order your Alpha 5.5L BiTurbo Carbon Fiber Intake System today!
- 20-30+ HP gains
- 20% increase in intake tubing size
- 25% increase in turbo inlet tubing
- Wider and deeper air filter box with a 41% increase in cross sectional area
- Elimination of the air flow obstruction created by the stock paper filter cartridge
- A synthetic, multi-layer media filter with a MERV rating of 9 and 41% more surface area than stock
- Carbon fiber upper and lower air boxes
- High-flow synthetic multi-layer media air filters
- Carbon fiber intake tubing
- Carbon fiber air inlets
- Molded silicone couplers
- All necessary hardware for installation
M157 “63” Applications
- C218 2014-2017 CLS63 AMG 4Matic 5.5L Biturbo (standard or S-Model)
- C218 2011-2013 CLS63 AMG 5.5L Biturbo (RWD)
- W212 2014-2016 E63 AMG 4Matic 5.5L Biturbo (standard or S-Model)
- W212 2011-2013 E63 AMG 5.5L Biturbo (RWD)
M278 “550” Applications
- C218 2012-2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS550 (RWD)
- C218 2014-2017 CLS550 4Matic
- Inlets and other individual components are not interchangeable with factory components, and are not available for purchase separately.
- For optimal results, an Alpha tune specific to your modifications is needed
- As these motorsports grade carbon fiber parts are hand laid, slight imperfections or weave pattern variances can be expected.
- Alpha Performance Mercedes-Benz AMG 5.5L BiTurbo Carbon Fiber Intake System Install Instructions can be downloaded here.