Motorsports Technician Wanted
High Performance / Motorsport Technician
This is what you’ve been looking for – Come work for one of the most renowned performance parts manufacturers in Motorsports. It’s a dream job for anyone who wants to be on a winning team who always stays one step ahead of the competition.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced full time motorsports technician. The ideal candidate must be self-driven, hardworking and have a deep understanding of high-performance combustion engines. Emphasis on forced induction is a major plus along with experience working on and building race cars. Proficiency in the ability to work efficiently and effectively to ensure all repairs and builds are completed to our highest standards. You must be a team player, and work well with others. We offer an exciting atmosphere with great pay, excellent health benefits, 401(k) and other unique perks.
If you love the world of motorsports, come join our elite team!
- Technician will cater to the specific needs of each build order efficiently and accurately. This must be done within AMS/Alpha performance requirements.
- The ideal technician candidate must be able to diagnose malfunctions, as well as perform the necessary repairs for them.
- Mechanic will perform vehicle repairs within their current capability/skill level.
- In depth examination of any vehicle under current supervision, to determine if any safety or service work is needed or recommended.
- Clearly documents and records work that is performed on the repair order under his/her supervision.
- Effectively communicate with the designated service manager or advisor when the above adjustments and additional work is needed.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician / service manager.
- Ability to perform any additional related duties as required and assigned by service manager.
- Attend race events 2-3x per year and support customer race cars
Qualifications or Requirements
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Automotive Technician / Mechanic
- Advanced knowledge of vehicle electrical and mechanical systems
- A valid driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on experience
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay & Commission pay
- Automotive Technician: 3 years (Preferred)
- Motorsports/Performance: 3 years (Preferred)
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: West Chicago
Skills: Mechanic experience
Typical start time: 7AM
Typical end time: 4PM
Vehicle Type: Cars and light trucks
Shop Type: Independent
Certification Reimbursement: No
Company’s website: https://www.amsperformance.com/
Company’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/officialamsperformance
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
Work Remotely: No
If interested please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
High Performance/Motorsports Production Fabricator/Welder Wanted
This is what you’ve been looking for! Come work for one of the most renowned performance component manufacturers in Motorsports. It’s a dream job for anyone who wants to be on a winning team who always stays one step ahead of the competition.
We are looking for a motivated and talented fabricator. Besides production welding you will fit and weld parts and work with our Engineers doing prototype work and look for new and better ways to produce parts. Must be a team player who is not afraid to work hard as part of the team. An exciting, yet relaxed atmosphere with great pay, excellent health benefits, 401k and other unique perks.
We are a medium size business with a small, family owned feel. We are focusing most of our attention on growing our manufacturing department so it’s a great time to get on board. If you love the world of motorsports, it does not get any better than this!
General Skills/Qualifications: Welding and Fabrication, Documentation Skills, Teaching Skills, Equipment Use & Maintenance, Punctual & Dependable, Organized, Team-Oriented.
Specific qualifications or Requirements
- Proficiency in TIG & MIG welding as well as knowledge of material properties (Aluminum and Steel less Steel & Alloys). Development of welding projects by analyzing work orders, prints, and completed assembly; calculating requirements; studying metals; determining appropriate welding techniques. Minimum 5 years
- Ability to read engineering plans and/or CAD drawings, identify project feasibility and trouble shoot.
- Ability to use and maintain basic shop equipment (i.e. mills, lathes, tubing benders, slip rolls, shears, plasma cutters, band saws, cold saws).
- Experience and training in the automotive field with excellent understanding of automotive mechanical systems. Ability to perform actual work on cars (i.e. build, install, and test fit parts) a plus. Experience in race car team environment major plus.
- Valid Driver’s License.
If interested please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
******TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS LISTED TO email@example.com. PLEASE READ THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY. CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS, OR WHO DO NOT SEND THEIR ANSWERS IN WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED******
This is what you’ve been looking for – Come work for one of the most renowned performance parts manufacturers in Motorsports. It’s a dream job for anyone who wants to be on a winning team that always stays one step ahead of the competition.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Mechanical Engineer to work in our R&D center. The ideal candidate must be self-driven, hardworking, and have a deep understanding of high-performance combustion engines. Emphasis on forced induction is a major plus along with experience working on and building race cars. You must also have the ability to work efficiently and effectively to ensure all details are accounted for during the development process. You must be a team player and work well with others.
If you think designing widgets for an OEM manufacturer sounds like fun, you probably won’t be a good fit here. At AMS you will finally have the opportunity to design a product, test it, and see it all the way through into to production! You’ll be managing your own projects from start to finish, and will be responsible for making them successful.
We offer an exciting atmosphere with great pay, excellent health benefits, 401k and other unique perks. We are a medium-sized business with a small, family-owned feel, operating in the west suburbs of Chicago. We are growing rapidly and employ the best team in motorsports. AMS is an engineering-driven organization (our founder is an engineer); you will be at a forefront of driving the business. If you love the world of motorsports and creating the next big thing, it does not get any better than this!
- Design parts and assemblies in CAD, create drawings for manufacturing.
- Manages multiple projects and ensures the design follows the development roadmap and milestones
- Produces component designs that can be mass-produced using established processes such as injection molding, casting, and sheet metal forming.
- Maintaining and organizing small to large scale projects from concept to manufacturing and release
- Working with the design team and engineering manager to ensure projects are completed within the timelines set
- Thorough documentation of project development using tools such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, and basic photography
- Perform and maintain up to date market research surrounding the project and platform they are responsible for. Knowledge and understanding of the current markets we operate in is preferred
- Coordinate with vendors for parts quoting, problem-solving, and manufacturing-related communications
- Identifies issues, hold-ups, and roadblocks during the development process. Provides effective and timely solutions to resolve and correct
- Validates designs by testing and utilizing various techniques including, 3D printing, prototype manufacturing, analytical calculations, simulations
- Effective communication skills to work successfully alongside team members and external vendors throughout the development process
- Caters to the specific needs of each development project. This must be done within AMS/Alpha Performance requirements
- Supports ongoing production/manufacturing via the engineering change process, as needed
- Have an up to date current knowledge of the automotive and automotive performance industry. Direct involvement in the performance side a plus
- Must be comfortable within a rapid development environment; able to execute within short timelines and a given budget. Attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, ability to multitask, good organizational skills, computer literacy, and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience of hands-on mechanical engineering. 5 years preferred.
- Automotive engineering or automotive mechanical hands-on experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work on significant and unique mechanical design issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
Qualifications and/or Requirements
- Passion for motorsports is a must
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field
- Proficiency with Solidworks
- Experience with DFM, GD&T, and standard measurement tools
- Understanding of automotive mechanical systems
- Experience with manufacturing preferred
- Experience with machining, fabrication, and welding a plus
- Ability to multi-tasking and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform mechanical work on cars (i.e. build, install, and test fit parts)
- Valid Driver’s License
- We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
- ~ 10%
Great careers like this come once in a lifetime. Don’t let this one pass you by. Please send a resume and a brief letter explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter please include your responses to the following:
- Are you able to commute to our headquarters daily?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship?
- Please tell us about your experience or interest with motorsports, racing, performance vehicles, or modifying vehicles. Personal or professional is acceptable. This is a requirement, so not responding immediately disqualifies candidates for this position.
- Would you rather play a small role in a large project, or a large role in a small project? Why?
******TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS LISTED TO CAREERS@AMSPERFORMANCE.COM. PLEASE READ THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY. CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS, OR WHO DO NOT SEND THEIR ANSWERS IN WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED******