Recently we had an R35 GT-R in the shop that had a copy-cat FMIC installed before it arrived. When we removed the intercooler that claims to be the “highest flowing American made intercooler for your GT-R” we were shocked by what we found. The “3” inlets” claimed by the manufacturer are crushed so far down that the opening was actually a restricted and choked off 1.25″ on the inlet and outlet sides of the intercooler.
If your GT-R produces in excess of 1200 horsepower, especially if you drive in a hot weather climate, the Alpha GT-R Race X Intercooler is your best option for producing power safely and efficiently. After testing, re-testing, and a host of refinements, this 7 second race-proven design has been perfected and available for your high horsepower R35 GT-R.
Watch as Martin tells you all the reasons that the Alpha Race X intercooler is the best R35 GT-R FMIC on the market. To effectively reduce charged air temperatures, we employed a vertical flow design for ultimate cooling. With its massive 22.2″ x 14″ x 6″ high quality Garrett© bar-and-plate core, the Race X offers 350% more volume than a stock pair of GT-R intercoolers. That is 1800sq inches of cooling! The core features up to twice the fin density of most intercoolers currently on the market. This allows for more contact with cool, dense air which allows for the most pavement shredding power output you can get for your GT-R! When you put the Race X Intercooler up against the competition you can see why we believe it is simply the highest quality, best value FMIC you can buy. Click on the link to learn more… http://bit.ly/Race_X
- Provides 350% more volume than stock
- Massive 6″ thick high quality Garrett Core
- Vertical flow and 22 fins per inch for the ultimate cooling
- 3″ billet CNC inlet and outlet ports for improved strength and air flow
- Durable 5-ply silicone couplers included
- Included shrouds and bridge plates channel air into the intercooler
- Pressure tested to 50psi
- High quality aluminum TIG-welded construction
- Comprehensive Installation Instructions